Sunday, October 29, 2006

Christmas Truffles Review

For chocoholics, Christmas is like, well, Christmas. Since most people know I'm a chocolate fan, I'm usually sent enough Christmas chocolates to put off my New Year's resolutions until next Christmas (when I will, of course, have to put them off again until I've polished off all my yummy chocs, which will take until the next Christmas etc.).

But not all Christmas chocolates are created equal. For me, the stars of my Christmas chocolate collection are chocolate truffles. There's just something magical about the way a good truffle just melts in your mouth. And magical is what a good Christmas should be, right?

So, what makes a perfect Christmas truffle? For me, they must have good quality chocolate, some alcohol in there somewhere (it's Christmas, remember!) and that extra special something. Here are my top three Christmas truffles, along with links to where you can order them. If you'll be ordering Christmas hampers for fellow employees, make sure you're around when they get them. You won't want to miss out on tasting these!

1) Sloe Gin Christmas Truffles
To die for! In these wonderful truffles, hand-picked wild sloe berries have been steeped in gin and blended as a truffle with rich dark Belgian chocolate. The best Christmas truffle I've tasted this year.

2) Port & Cranberry Truffles
Absolutely scrummy. Real port and cranberry centre in plain, dark chocolate.

3) Christmas Pudding Truffles
Organic dark chocolate centre with brandy and Christmas spices. Comes in a nicely boxed assortment with other festivly-flavoured truffles.

May your hamper be filled with Christmas truffles!

No comments: